Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Review: Metal Mania Palette



I am the world's worst about buying a bunch of different products and then just sticking to my same old routine and forgetting about them. School does not leave much time to really play around with makeup in the mornings and Zach just does not understand why I need to take that much in front of the mirror when I look "pretty much the same without it." I tend to just stick to my UD Naked palette and BB cream lately. So, when I decided to pop the Metal Mania Palette from Coastal Scents open the other day for the first time in forever I felt like I was trying out a brand new product even though I ordered it nearly a year ago.


Ignore how dusty it is. I have had this for a long time and I have barely made a dent in it, but I am so happy I "rediscovered" it. It is a very good palette for someone, like me, who wants a great product for a really good price. I would also highly recommend this for anyone who is just starting out in makeup. It comes in a black, plastic case with the Coastal Scents logo stamped on the front. The case seems pretty sturdy and there is also a mirror on the inside. I did not take a picture of the packaging because I had a mineral foundation spill out on the case recently and I do not have the energy to clean it off at the moment.  Sorry! You will just have to check it out on the website if you are curious. :)


The colors are, for the most part, pigmented and blend beautifully. However, there are a few "misses" that I have noticed. Particularly the white shadows in the upper left corner. They tend to be more chalky than anything and you have to layer them on to get any kind of payoff. I have found that using a white eyeliner as a base on the areas I plan on using the white really makes them pop like they are meant to.


Other than the few chalky ones, I have found no other flaws with this palette. The purples especially are GORGEOUS. I could do a purple smokey eye every day and never get tired of it with all the different plums and violets. Every single one is soooo pretty. The lasting power on these are great, too! I used them on my cousin back in April and she fell asleep, woke up the next morning, and apart from some slight smudging her eyeshadow was still perfect. I do partially give credit to using an eyeshadow primer, though.

Overall this is a really fantastic product for the price. It is going for around $14 on the website right now, which is ridiculously cheap for the amount of product you receive. This baby is going to last you a while. It is great for smokey eyes, for a neutral look, and it even has some really pretty bright shadows mixed in. If something ever happens to mine I will definitely be repurchasing.

Well, it is off to bed again for me. Maybe one day I will be able to post before I am completely worn out.

Enjoy this picture of Murnau looking like he is singing.





0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...