Thursday, September 20, 2012

Queen Helene Mint Julep Masque: A Review!




Queen Helene Mint Julep Mask



You know what I love? Super cheap beauty finds that really work.

I discovered the mint julep masque while lurking around http://www.makeupalley.com/ and pretty much all the reviews preached about the magic that is in this tube.  For only a little over $3 how could I not try this out?  The description says:

" Helps dry up acne pimples, rinse away blackheads & shrink enlarged pores. Mint Julep Masque is the original natural home treatment developed by a dermatologist that helps dry up acne pimples, rinse away blackheads and shrink enlarged pores. Simply apply Mint Julep Masque to your clean face and neck. Within minutes it firms and hardens, drawing out impurities from your pores. After the masque is removed, your skin will feel clean, refreshed and smooth. Even for individuals who are fortunately free of skin problems, Mint Julep Masque is a refreshing facial treatment that helps relax tired muscles and ease tension lines on the face and neck. Made in U.S.A."

Sounds too good to be true, right? It isn't! 

Please brace yourself for what you are about to witness....



I have been testing this for months now and it is never a disappointment. It's a thick yet creamy consistency and smells like spearmint gum. I apply it clean, dry skin and I make sure to avoid my eye area because this stuff is drying. For some, it may "tingle" a bit... and by "tingle" I mean burn, but this is also coming from the girl that cries every time she watches "My Girl". Seriously though, it's really nothing bad and if I let a fan blow in my face for a few seconds it doesn't bother me a bit. Also, I have combination skin, leaning towards dry due to acne medication so this could explain any mild discomfort. After the initial tingle, it feels cool on my face while it dries. I leave it on for about 15 or so minutes before I rinse it off with cool water and pat my face dry with a towel. Then I apply moisturizer.

Also, I am aware that I have like three false lashes left. They are going to have to fall out on their own because I am not about to risk ripping my eyelashes out. Haha.


And here comes the gross part. It sucks all the nasty stuff out of your pores. That would be oil sitting on top of my nose. Also, any white heads I may have on my face are literally sitting on top of my skin when I wash this off... I didn't photograph that, though. I don't want anyone crying themselves to sleep tonight. 

Overall, I think this is probably one of the best masques I have ever used. It really lives up to the description. My face looks smoother and my pores look tighter when I rinse it off. Also, it is a FANTASTIC spot treatment. Dab some of this on a zit before bed and it will be pretty much dried up by the next morning. 

What are your favorite bargain beauty tricks? 

1 comments:

johndaddy said...

The Original. Helps dry up acne pimples, rinse away blackheads & shrink
enlarged pores. Mint Julep Masque is the original natural home treatment
developed.
Queen Helene Skincare. Mint Julep Masque. Mint Julep Masque is the original
natural home treatment to help dry up pimples, rinse away blackheads and shrink.
Queen Helene Hair Products

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...