Monday, December 3, 2012

Heartbroken.




I took these photos last year as a surprise to my mom for Christmas. This would be my amazing grandparents and, as far as I know, they have never had pictures made of them that weren't just shot at family gatherings.

I love my grandparents. My Mammie is the sweetest lady you will ever meet. My Pappy is the best grandfather and father around (sorry, I am kind of biased.) and despite the fact that he is not a man of large stature he has always seemed strong.

Sometimes I think our hearts were all made of stick glue and elbow macaroni. We all have some form of issue. My little brother had open heart surgery at three months old, I had surgery at 17, my mom and my aunt have rhythm problems, and Pappy has heart disease. It has gotten so bad that his belly is constantly full of fluid.
Friday he went in to have surgery to fix three hernias. Come to find out, they weren't nearly as big as we had feared. The fluid in him was pushing them out and making them appear worse. Everything went well and they were going to remove some of the fluid later. We all breathed a sigh of relief. He even joked with me a little when I went to see him after his surgery. He smiled and said, "Magoo!"... that is what he has called me since I was born. "Where are you going?" I told him we were leaving because he needed to get some rest. He said, "Oh, but I just got here!" I was happy to hear him joking. His color looked better.
Sunday morning I wake up to a text from my cousin. Pappy had started bleeding and they were taking him back to surgery. His blood count was really low and his kidneys weren't functioning. I ended up going in the hospital in the same clothes I wore the night before and I stayed until last night. He was stable when I left.
This morning they moved him to intensive care. His kidneys are not functioning. He is really uncomfortable. He can't lie down because he feels like he can't breathe from all the pressure since nothing is leaving his body.

Y'all, I am heartbroken.

I am heading to St. Thomas in Nashville as soon as Zach gets off work.

I really, really need him to get through this.

So, please keep my grandpa and my family in your thoughts/prayers/meditations. We could use some good vibes!


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...