Monday, November 19, 2012

What I Wore: Thankful.






Cardigan: Thrifted.
Top: TJ Maxx
Skirt: Modcloth
Boots: Modcloth

I am still no expert in outfit photos. I get really paranoid of people seeing me. I know I shouldn't care, but it is a bit awkward. Not only that, but my tripod is super short and does not make getting photos easy. One day I will get the hang of it though! I do really like this outfit, though. I got the skirt and the boots from Modcloth last year for Christmas and I have maybe worn the skirt twice since then. I have been a very t-shirts and jeans kind of girl my whole life (minus a few phases in high school..). I have just in the last few years started to branch out and actually be myself, so up until today I could not figure out how to style that skirt. I think I found a good combination!

Also, Goodwill is a kingdom of cardigans. Never paying full price for one again when there are so many for less that 10 bucks!

I am so excited for Thanksgiving! Thursday night will be the huge dinner on my mom's side of the family. There are so many of us it's a treat to get us all in one place. Saturday we will do a dinner at our place for my dad's much smaller side of the family. I can't wait. I am feeling very blessed lately, so I thought I would share a few things I am thankful for.

  • My parents, who love me unconditionally no matter how much of a handful I can be. My mom is my rock and my dad is my constant source of entertainment.
  • Zachary Hugh. He is my best friend and my soul mate. He makes me laugh and treats me way better than I deserve sometimes. He is incredible thoughtful and just an all around amazing man. (Not to mention the fact that I opened my email to find an amazon gift card from him just because that simply stated that he loved me and to buy makeup. He knows me too well.)
  • My brothers. My oldest brother Derrick for being a constant inspiration for me both artistically and emotionally. My other older brother, Stefin, for fighting for our country and always being there to defend me even when it includes knocking creepy guys into lockers. My little brother for being the coolest 14-year-old I have ever met and not complaining when I watch a scary movie and have to sleep on his floor even though I am 20.
  • A roof over my head and food in my tummy... even though my tummy hates food. 
  • Coffee.
  • My kitties for being the best snuggle bugs ever.
  • The fact that I am getting to do what I enjoy most with my life.
  • And I am thankful for those who read this blog. It is so great to get to talk to people who are into the same things I am. You guys give me the drive to chase the dream I have for this little blog. It has come a long way in the few months it has been up. You guys rule! 
 What are you thankful for?


1 comments:

Hannah Alyse said...

This outfit is so cute and classy! I love the length of the skirt, it can be hard to pull off, but YOU DID IT :)

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...