Monday, October 29, 2012

10 Things.




Howdy, folks! So, with me being a sponsor over at The Nearsighted Owl, I thought I would post a few very random things about my very random self so that we could get more acquainted. Please ignore the very old picture. I desperately need to locate my tripod.

1. I live in a ridiculously tiny town. 

I am originally from Wartrace, Tennessee. I went to a small Christian school with two or more grades in a single classroom, and was brought up in a Pentecostal church. While I don't consider myself to be the strict religious type any more, my love for big hair is still intact. That is where the name for my blog came from. The original quote is "the higher the hair, the closer to God." That was definitely our mantra.

2. I used to work in a nursing home. 

Before I started cosmetology school I worked as a rehabilitation technician in a nursing home and I loved it. I met some really wonderful people there and had to say goodbye to some of them. I urge everyone to volunteer at your local nursing homes. Those people are beautiful and do not get enough attention.

3. I used to live in a haunted house. 

That is why I am 20 and still have trouble sleeping alone... in fact, I may have a palette made in my brother's floor tonight. We used to live in a large, very old house. My dad decorated it with all sorts of antiques, a lot of them creepy pictures. I used to see shadows and hear people walking around all the time. I was terrified. I remember lying in my bed nearly having a panic attack and as soon as I would hear my older brother come home I would nearly run to his room so I would not have to sleep by myself.


4. I have an odd infatuation with Victorian postmortem photography.

Which stems from my old house. My dad used to buy all these strange portraits of people we didn't know from antique stores and hang them around the house. We had one in particular that had a man with one eye half closed and the other was almost shut. As a kid I just assumed he blinked when they took the photo. When I got older and realized they didn't just snap pictures like we do now... no, that guy was probably dead. Now I love researching Victorian postmortem photography. It's fascinating!

5. I also have a serial killer fascination. 

I wonder how many readers just thought, "this girl is a weirdo." I am I guess. It's not the gory details that I like (I cover my eyes at any hint of blood on movies), it is the psychology. I would have loved to have been a psychologist, or a criminal profiler so I could help find these people.

6. I am slightly OCD. 

I am super schedule-oriented. I do the same thing at the same time every morning when I get ready. If my routine gets thrown off I get really anxious. I also have to check at least three times to make sure my flat iron is unplugged... and sometimes I still check it again before I leave the house.

7. I love photography. 

I love to take photos! My favorite subject is people. I have a small photography business that does pretty well for some extra money.

8. I am a Potter-head. 

I LOVE HARRY POTTER. If it is Harry Potter weekend on abc family, you better believe I am not leaving my house. I have read all the books several times.

9. One time I had 19 cats. 

At my old house, we had a litter of kittens we couldn't find homes for. They all became outside cats and would all pretty much hang out in the yard and were all really friendly. One day a litter of kittens emerged from under the house, then before we knew it they had multiplied. Before it was all said and done we had 19 cats living at my house. I was pretty much in cat lady heaven. Luckily, they all found homes before my family and I moved.

10. I am a bit of a hermit. 

I hate parties. Not that I don't love hanging out with a group of friends and doing something cool, I just can't stand what my age group considers a party. As a general rule drunk people annoy me. I went to a club once... I will probably never go again. Zach and I talked about it and decided we don't mind. Last night I cooked dinner and we watched Coraline together and cuddled with Matilda (my other cat, who lives with Zach right now) on the couch... I would take that over some wild party any day. 

 
If you are reading this blog, please introduce yourself in the comments! Tell me some facts about your self!

Also, for those of you reading... any thing you would like to see on my blog? Anything to make navigation easier?








0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...