Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Natural Eyes: A Tutorial

As much as I love makeup, I really hate spending a ton of time on my own. Allergies keep me constantly rubbing my eyes and smearing my mascara. So, 90% of the time my makeup stays very natural.

So, I today I come bringing you a tutorial on how I do my "every day eyes"!

My skin is having a bit of a meltdown, so I convinced my cousin to model for me.

I used Urban Decay's "Naked" palette, but any neutral shadows will work just as well!


Step One: Apply a light, neutral shadow all over lids. I used  "Virgin", but any light shade with a bit of shimmer will do!


Step Two: Using a fluffy dome brush, blend a medium brown shade into crease. I used "Buck". 
 

Step Three: Blend a dark brown into your "outer V". I also brought this shade down onto her lower lash line as well. Remember: Blending is your friend with this look! You don't want to look done up, you just want to enhance what you already have! I used "Darkhorse".


Step Four: To finish off this look, apply a tiny bit of eyeliner to the lash line and use a coat of mascara... as you can tell here, my eyeliner pen was drying out. Oops!

Now you're done! Just pair these eyes with a bit of pink blush on the apples of your cheeks and some sheer pink gloss and you're good to go!

But wait! Let's say the look is a bit too "naked" for ya.


Optional Step: Use a bright colored eye pencil on lower lash line! This will really make your eyes "pop".

I hope everyone had a good day! Mine could have been better. Murnau started passing blood through certain areas on Saturday night and I have been a wreck worrying about him. Today we finally got him in at the vet and they informed me that he has a 103 degree fever, a UTI, and a respiratory infection. They kept him overnight... I am not going to be able to sleep!

Time to go watch tv and worry myself sick over my fur baby.




0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...