Tuesday, October 30, 2012

It's a girl!






So, as I have posted about before, my brother and his wife are expecting their first little young'n. I am so excited to be an aunt! Last night we all met up to find out the sex of the baby. I didn't realize until Kayla opened the envelope at the end that she and Derrick had waited to be with us to find out for themselves. I may have cried a bit.
The whole idea was really cute and I had a great time. We each got a balloon containing an old wives tale and after we read it Derrick and Kayla had to mark on the board which one applied to her. Example: If you are carrying high with a big, round belly, you are having a girl.  If you are carrying low with a smaller belly that sticks straight out, it’s a boy.  

Here is a video for anyone who would like to see it. My hands were super shaky (I was filming with my bulky DSLR) and this video is unedited... meaning you get to hear Kayla's sister who is also pregnant saying "if it has three lines like a hamburger, then it's a girl" when they looked at the sonogram picture. Also, I would like to point out that I did not realize how bad my accent was until I watched this video and I am almost impossible to understand. Sorry! 






4 comments:

Hannah Alyse said...

So glad I found your blog (from the Nearsighted Owl) Cute title, I adore big hair! So I'm planning on starting Cosmetology school once I move to GA. I'm really excited to see another student practicing hair/beauty stuff! Are you about to graduate or just starting?

Unknown said...

Thank you! Nice to meet a fellow future cosmetologist. Maybe I will see you at a hair show since GA is so close to Tennessee. I have about 500 hours, but I am switching schools so I have to take a temporary break until January. I should graduate by next November.

Hannah Alyse said...

That'd be so cool! I can't wait for the hair shows and competitions :) I'll say it here...That zombie shit was AMAZING. Deserving of a win LOL. Also, I use Disqus for comments and like it because I have all comments in one spot, so if I missed something or there is a reply on an old post (like this, sorry :) then its all in one spot. Easy conversations. I'm just starting with it though, so I'm not 100% which is best...

Unknown said...

Awesome! And thank you... although having melted gelatin prosthetic stuck to my head was not the greatest experience. Oops! I am going to fire my bloglovin account back up so I can follow you!

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...